Monday, August 6, 2007

It Really Makes Me Not Take Potties For Granted, You Know?

So yesterday, Babygirl and I embarked on a potty training adventure.

The background:
1. She's had a potty chair AND a potty seat for MONTHS now.
2. She always would sit on either one but nothing actually ever...descended into the potty.
3. She likes to tell me that she's pooping right before she actually does.

After a quick grocery shopping trip, I hid all the diapers and accompanying diaper-stuff in my closet and offered Babygirl some big-girl underpants (which she has worn and peed through many times before yesterday).

She wore them and asked for a diaper multiple times (to which I said, "They're all gone - go look!" and since she couldn't find them, she believed me).

At the end of the day, she had peed on the floor twice but in the potty three times with - get this - some poop in the potty to boot.

AND THEN (this is the real kicker), she slept all night in panties and woke herself up around 3 to go pee again - needed some help since she was half asleep, but I was wildly impressed that she actually woke up and recognized the need to get out of bed and go do this since she's never had to before.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it sticks...

10 comments:

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

Maybe EG can help out a little when we visit in the next few days. :)

Tiah said...

WOW!!! Big Yay to your dd :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! WTG S!

Anonymous said...

wow! impressive. good for you guys! sometimes it can be quite easy.

bettie cracker said...

yay for you both! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Shaila said...

Aug 6th? You haven't had ANYTHING to say since then? For some reason I doubt that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope you're alright.

I'm thinking that you've quit work and are now a Rollerderby pro.

or perhaps you've gone insane from the toilet training. I hear that can be a real pain in the ass.

drop a line soon!

Anonymous said...

I really miss your bloggings,are you going to begin again sometime?

Anonymous said...

I keep checking your blog everyday to see if you're back...hurry! I need my daily dirty.

Anonymous said...

are you ever going to come back? do you have a new blog?