Friday, July 27, 2007

I Know, I Stink

Life has SERIOUSLY gotten in the way of my good, quality blogging lately.

The updates, in brief:
1. Stupid motherfucking raise finally got approved, effective August 1 (no retroactive pay for the work I've been doing for 6 months) and I won't see it until Aug. 31. Not grumbling about it, I'm incredibly pleased. However, the 4-month process it took to get the damn thing has effectively broken my spirit and basic willingness to believe that human beings are generally kind to one another, even professionally.
2. My office computer got the world's most impressive virus on it, forcing me out of commission for three days solid. My only saving grace was a laptop whose internet browsers closed constantly and on which I was able to only barely plod through the most immediate of my work (to say nothing of my regular blog-reading and -writing).
3. We begin practice at our new rink on Sunday. Needless to say, I'm utterly stoked to fall down on brand-spanking-new wood.
4. I am house-sitting for my brother and Babygirl has managed to nearly impale herself on the corner of a coffee table in her zest to go to bed. Seriously. And then, once we got her in bed, she refused to sleep. So I am in the same room, typing frantically (which I'm sure is not helping the sleep situation) and listening to her sing to herself.

Also, I am exhausted from all kinds of craziness, but I hope to not be quite so irregular in my posts in the future. I'm fibering myself to get the crap out, so to speak, blogularily.

No comments: