Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rolling. Sort of.

So Babygirl has wanted skates of her own for a long time. I'm no fool; 2.5-year-old + wheels = yeeeouch. So instead I knit her a pair of rollerskate socks. These were originally going to be baby booty gifts for a pregnant rollergirl, but they came out a little bigger than I intended, not to mention the fact that Babygirl, once she saw me working on them, kept yelling, "My wollkeets! My wollkeets!"

Skatesocks 003

This is blurry because she was in motion, skating, obviously.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG those are forkin' awesome. Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord, those frickin' rock!!

Your mad knitting skills are awesome.


(Can you share the pattern?)

The Girl said...

Well, I don't have a finalized pattern yet (I kind of made this up as I went along, adjusting a pattern I already had for baby booties and adding and taking away shit based on how it was looking. But if I can write one up, I'll post it!

Anonymous said...

Love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
judi

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cute!!

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

You rock! Those are awesome booties!

Anonymous said...

Those are freakin awesome!!!
Alana

bettie cracker said...

so so cute. And the way the photo is slightly blurred makes it look like she's skating reallllly fast.

Shaila said...

Really cute! Madison is skating already and does a pretty good job actually. You should buy her some skates and see how she does. :) I should soooooo get Madison a little rollerderby outfit going and get some pictures of it. For the baby book ya know.

Tiah said...

Now that is one dang fine toddler slipper - I applaud you and your needles! :)

Anonymous said...

those are so cute! how creative of you to make them!