Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Own More Little Black Dresses Than Anyone Possibly Could Use in a Lifetime

This morning, I dressed for work with especial care.

You might think it's because I have something important planned for the day, something where it's important for me to look good.

We're holding interviews for our receptionist job at work today. Now, I have no idea why this moved me to look good. Three out of our four interviewees are women (middle-aged women, too, I suspect, who probably are not going to be attractive in the ways that I find women attractive [although, to be fair, maybe someone will suprise me - I guess I shouldn't presume they're not going to be hot]) so it's not likely that I'm going to be trying to find a date in the group. I'm not in the hot seat myownself today, so it doesn't really matter how I look...

No, I suppose that in some bizarre place in my mind, it's important that these people come away from the interview today with the sense that our workplace is full of supermodels. Well, that and the fact that it isn't unusual at all to walk into our office and find one of us who shall remain nameless but whose name rhymes with Birty Birl on rollerskates.

2 comments:

bettie cracker said...

I miss rollerskates. pout

You need to let me know in advance when you're dressed all extra sexy at work so we can make a lunch date. :) Although, a lunch date would be nice any day really.

Shaila said...

There's always someone to look hot for. ;)