Monday, June 4, 2007

It's Not Even 9 a.m...

And I'm utterly exhausted.

I got plenty of sleep last night. It's just that in the two and a half hours I have been conscious, I have argued with Babygirl about whether or not is was necessary to wake up at all (it was), whether or not a very sopping wet diaper needed changing (it did), whether or not pants were absolutely crucial to one's attendance at school (they were), and whether or not shoes needed to be on the right feet (actually, I gave in here. What do I care if she insists on wearing them on the wrong feet?).

Oh, and then I wrapped up a morning of stellar parenting by letting her eat a baggie of potato chips at 7 am in the car on the way to daycare after a very heated argument about whether or not I could a)look at her or b)talk to her. I don't know who's in charge of paychecks for motherhood, but someone seems to have forgotten mine this month.

3 comments:

Tiah said...

Shaun always puts his shoes on the wrong feet, to the point where I wonder if he thinks I'm an idiot for putting them on the correct way. Hope you sleep well tonight!

Shaila said...

If you figure out who is supposed to send out those checkcs let them know I'm still waiting for mine too.

bettie cracker said...

awww. Sorry your morning started off so crappy. Violet insists on the wrong feet too. Whenever her shoes are switched to the correct feet (well, the socially accepted feet, who says they are correct anyway?) she switches them right back. I think its her little way of fucking with adults. I could care less and its funny to see who stresses about little things like that. "But it will hurt her feet!". And I say "I've told her they are more comfortable the other way, obviously it doesn't bother her, or she would take them off". Don't forget, you are always welcome to come hang out over here any night. Sometimes it just feels really good to drink some wine and bitch about your kid with other parents who don't get annoyed hearing about your kid all the time. And now the hubby gets off work by 8, so you don't have to worry about me taking advantage of you - well, not too much anyway. ;-)