Thursday, May 3, 2007

Every Day I Get a Little Older

In our office this week, we have a huge variety of free food for reasons I won't go into. But every morning, there's everything from every kind of Little Debbie you can imagine to bananas to nacho cheese and Fritos. Of course, I steer clear of anything even remotely resembling healthy.

We do this twice and year, and every time I've said that I have limitations, at least in the morning, as to what I'll eat. In my mind, I just can't eat honey mustard pretzel bits while I drink my Javanilla coffee - it seems wrong, somehow.

Today, though, I broke through that barrier. I have eaten not only my body weight in miniature Reese's cups this morning, I have also enjoyed some barbeque potato chips and more hummus than anyone should really eat before 10 am. And I did it all while chugging my coffee.

I'm worried that this is just one step away from drinking decaf while eating a cheeseburger at 4 pm as part of the early-bird special at Friday's. Next thing you know I'll be lamenting liver spots on my hands and comparison shopping adult undergarments.

5 comments:

bettie cracker said...

Fridays? Isn't that where all those young whippersnappers go?

Anonymous said...

They make more than one kind of adult diapers? Seriously?

Tiah said...

Frankly, if I didn't know better I'd suggest you were pregnant.

Anonymous said...

I swear when you wrote "adult undergarments" I thought for a second you were referring to thongs again...and I was going to write, "But you already DO talk about adult undergarments!!" ;)

Anonymous said...

I need a new blog post to read! It's almost 10 AM! You're not actually WORKING are you?!