Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's Not That Interesting, And Yet I Can't Be Disinterested

Every morning, I pull into the parking lot at work between 7 and 7:45 am. No matter what time I get there, there is ALWAYS a woman (the same one) in her car talking on her cell phone.

Every. single. morning.

This woman looks like she's in her early sixties - she wears slacks and sweaters with little cutesy things on them. The car is turned off and she's always sitting there with her seatbelt undone, though sometimes she looks like she's having a heated discussion.

What the hell? I swear, I have seen her doing this every single morning for months now.

Who is she talking to? Why every morning? Why so early? Why do I care?

3 comments:

bettie cracker said...

haha. That's just weird. You should get there even earlier now to see how early she gets there. And call in to work so you can see how long she sits there.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's a phone sex operator for her part time job...

Anonymous said...

That IS weird. We had a guy at work who had been there for 30-something years, and every night after deadline, he'd go across the street to the diner and call someone on a pay phone. Then cell phones were invented, he eventually got one and went out to the courtyard to make his calls.

I think we all cared more than we should, but who was he calling EVERY SINGLE NIGHT?