Saturday, May 5, 2007

Killing Time

Well, even I take a day off now and then!

But I am currently sitting in the service department of my Toyota dealership, waiting for them to balance my tires, replace a hubcap, and do the standard 10,000-mile service.

I thought smart to bring my laptop with me, since it seems a lot of places have free wireless these days. Of course, many don't. I can't tell you the level of my disappointment when I discovered about a year ago for the first time that Starbucks doesn't let you get wireless for free. In my opinion, paying $5 for a cup of overroasted coffee + $10 for a day of free wireless that you couldn't possibly get your money's worth of unless you bought eight or nine $5 cups of coffee = getting fucked up the ass, big-time.

But my Toyota dealership seems to know that the way to ease the pain of what might end up turning into some sort of wildly-expensive axle problem (can you all tell from the preceeding paragraphs that I might have hydroplaned the other day and might have slid into a curb and might have done some damage to my brand-new car that causes it to shudder orgasmically when I go over 60 miles an hour?).

There's no point to this post other than to say a)waiting sucks, b)Babygirl is cracking me up because she's wearing a construction paper hat she made at daycare that has tissue paper roses and horseshoes all over it to celebrate the derby, and c)you might get really excited when you see that a business has free wireless until you realize you've already investigated the entire internet.

1 comment:

Tiah said...

Sorry about the car, but free wireless IS better than 2 year old magazines. As for Starbucks - that's pathetic!