Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Setting the Women's Movement Back About 8,000 Years

I know that the first rule of blogging is not to talk about work. And I won't. Really. I promise.

But I can talk about the basic fact that today, I am going to ask for a promotion. The timing is right and the person is the right person to ask. (By the way, get-a-raise juju is most appreciated).

Anyway, because the person I have to ask is a smarmy feller who takes every opportunity to look down my dress he has, I had to dress carefully this morning. I had to plan to look good but not distracting good. So the boobilicious dress stayed in the closet (not because I have any ethical problem with using my tits for myownpurposes, but because I want the guy to at least be able to comprehend my question) and a stylish but not whoreish dress came out.

I personally feel like God gave me tits to use - they're like my superpower. Of course, I have to have some help from Victoria's Secret to use them most effectively. And strapless dresses are my kryptonite. Seriously, they've done some impressive work for me. It remains to be seen, though, if the boob power extends to getting a raise. I suppose the quality of my work will help things out, if they fail me, huh?

2 comments:

bettie cracker said...

good luck, baby!! I am crossing all my bits for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went well! Just wanted you to know I am reading..just came here a bit late today!